Thursday, November 8, 2012

An eventful year!


I am still around.....at one point I wondered for how long but that thought didn't last long because the next second I decided that I would be a fighter and a survivor!!
 This past year has been a real roller coaster. Last summer hubby was suffering from gall stones and ended up having 2 surgeries to remove his gall bladder. During the latter part of his situation, I was diagnosed with early onset breast cancer. It has been quite the journey of surgery, chemo, radiation and now recovery. I won't go into details but I am glad to be on the other side of this now.
 I love my family so very much and appreciate all they have done to support me through all of these trials. I could not have done it without them, or without our friends who have helped out in so many ways :)
 I have spent most of my time and energy recovering physically and after the beautiful summer we had here, most of my time was spent outside being creative in our back yard. I will post pictures later on.
 For now, I thought I would try getting back to blogging. I am not doing as much stamping cards or scrapbooking but I am trying to organize my craft room so that I can spend more time in there. Right now I am removing most of my Stampin' Up Stamps from their wooden blocks and using a technique so that I can use them with the acrylic blocks. This is quite an undertaking!! It will be worth it in the end as it won't take up nearly as much space.
 I will soon be going back to work so not sure what my energy level will be like. It looks like I need to update the design of this blog, so that will be fun :)
       

No comments: